Please note courtesy Emera:
Adult, Parent & Tot or Family/Public Skates will be FREE until the end of the summer!
Note: Skate Loaner program available.
Public skating is always a popular form of exercise at Queens Place Emera Centre. The Adult Noon Hour Skates and the Parent and Tot Skates are always a great draw. Only $2 per person for Adult Noon Hour Skates, Public Skates and Parent and Tot Skates. A limited number of skating aids are available on a first come-first served basis for new skaters. The use of CSA helmets is strongly recommended.
For a complete schedule of public skates, please see the arena schedule.
Public Skate (All) and Private Event Skate Regulations
Rules of Conduct General for all Skates:
1. Cellular devices as well as the wearing of ear buds are not permitted for use on the ice surface.
2. No footwear allowed on the ice surface.
3. Infants and small children cannot be held in your arms during skating activity.
4. Skating behaviour deemed reckless such as playing tag, horseplay, and skating at excessive speeds, which could affect the safety of participants will not be permitted.
5. Skate aids are available for beginner skaters.
6. Please consider the use of CSA approved helmets for your personal protection.
Additional Rules regarding the use of Strollers, Wheelchairs and Sledges.
Parent and Tot:
1. Strollers are permitted during Parent and Tot skating only (Not public), with the accompaniment of a responsible person aged 16 or older with skates on.
2. Infants/tots in strollers aged 2 or greater are required to wear a CSA approved helmet.
3. Wheels of the stroller must be cleaned of sand and salt prior to entering the ice surface.
4. A spray bottle of water and paper towel can be obtained at the information desk or from rink maintenance staff to assist with the cleaning of the wheels.
1. Wheelchairs are permitted during Adult skate times only,(Not Public). Must be accompanied and controlled by a responsible person age 16 or older with skates on.
2. The designated area for wheelchair use will be closest to the boards.
3. A CSA approved helmet is required for the wheelchair occupant.
4. Wheels of the wheelchair must be cleaned of sand and salt prior to entering the ice surface.
5. A spray bottle of water and paper towel can be obtained at the information desk or from rink maintenance staff to assist with the cleaning of the wheels.
6. Sledges may be used during Adult skate only.